Monday, March 30, 2015

What I know about online learning


Although I am a technology teacher, I do not have a ton of experience with online learning per se. When I think of online learning, I think of college courses like the one we are enrolled in now, where the learning takes place entirely via the internet and Kahn Academy for the younger students.  Although my students do all of their learning via the internet, I am always there for them, guiding them if needed. Because of my presence and the fact that I do stand in front of them and teach them, I don't consider my technology class "online learning". Currently, I work with students in the grades 1-8. Next year we are building a high school and I will definitely be doing more "authentic" online learning experiences to prepare the students for college. 

In a nutshell, I think that online learning is mostly done independently by a student through some type of platform like Blackboard or program like Kahn Academy. I also view online learning as taking place mostly in a home by students at the high school level or higher. The courses that are offered are endless.      


No comments:

Post a Comment